Football is Tough

Cuts, bruises, twisted ankles, headaches, and broken bones. Football is hard.

Let’s begin with the physical side of the game, I know—at least for me— that it is nearly impossible to leave a football practice or game without a mark. This past season we had practice every morning. I might not have noticed the bruise, hip pointer, or cut during practice, but after I showered and got dressed, the battle scars appeared, As a player, I know about the pain of the game.

Now we’ll hop on over to the mental side of the game. In football you have to be really smart. If you have ever seen a quarterbacks wristband, you’ll see how many plays are on the—tinee weeni—band. In some cases, you could have to memorize hundreds of different plays. For example, the offensive line is one of the toughest positions to play because there is so many moves that you have to memorize and think about with—not to mention— another 300 pounder trying to knock you on your butt. It’s tough to think and move at the same time, plus with an injury.

Sports are tough no matter what type. You will get injured and hurt! Trust me, be tough and fight the pain and in the end of it all, you will succeed.